Health & Safety Policy
To prevent injuries, illness or other impairments to the health of employees, sub-contractors, customers or the public, and to prevent damage to any property owned by the company or others, Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) will provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions. Primary will provide equipment that is maintained in a safe condition and is appropriate to the work being performed.
Incident prevention is an integral part of good business planning and efficient operations. Therefore, it is the company’s responsibility to supply the resources to administer an effective program. The total safety and loss control effort encompasses all levels of employees, Primary’s resources, sub-contractors, customers and the general public.
Incidents resulting in personal injury, impairment of health, property damage or disruption to operations are costly to the well-being of company employees. Accidents are preventable, and usually represent failures for managers and employees to predict and control circumstances leading to their occurrence. Primary will strive to be a zero-incident workplace with the commitment from all levels of the organization.
All company employees, sub-contractors and visitors are responsible for taking work hazards seriously and protecting themselves and each other from danger. All workers have the right to refuse unsafe work. They are expected to adhere to Primary’s safety guidelines, to meet or exceed Occupational Health and Safety Legislation in each province, use the required protective equipment and take advantage of training opportunities whenever they are offered. Employees, sub-contractors and visitors are also required to notify management of any new hazards encountered on the job.
Primary will ensure that people are our highest priority on all job sites and in offices. Production, schedule and cost will never be placed before the safety of others.
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is committed to providing a quality service in a manner that ensures a safe and healthy workplace for all employees and sub-contractors and that minimizes any potential impact on the environment. We will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislation and we strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
- integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all our design, construction and management decision making and activities,
- promote environmental awareness amongst our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
- train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
- reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or refurbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
- promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our organization including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
- purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
- where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs,
- communicate our environmental commitment to clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
- strive to continually improve our environmental performance and minimize the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy considering our current and planned future activities,
- follow all applicable municipal, provincial, federal laws, bylaws, rules, orders and regulations with respect to company projects.