Job Title: Electrical Designer
Location: Kelowna, BC
Reports to: Manager, BC Interior Operations
Job Posting#: 11-2024
Application Deadline: November 19, 2023
Reporting to the Manager, BC Interior Operations, the Electrical Designer is responsible for the overall execution of underground/overhead electrical distribution projects at our Kelowna location.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Coordinating and attending site visits for planning and implementation of electrical utility designs.
- Design and drafting of underground and overhead electrical distribution infrastructure using AutoCAD.
- Electrical and structural engineering calculations for underground and overhead systems.
- Compiling material lists and project cost estimates.
- Obtain approvals from and communicate with various stakeholders (electrical utility, customers, consultants, municipal and provincial authorities, etc.).
- Tracking and actively advancing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Other duties may be required related to completing the above work.
The eligible candidate should possess:
- Interpersonal skills that help develop business relationships and foster a friendly work environment.
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with others to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on time, and on budget.
- Demonstrated self-motivation and drive for improvement.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities.
- Electrical of Civil Bachelor of Engineering or Technologist Diploma from a recognized college or technical institution preferred, but other relevant experience is also considered.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Familiarity with FortisBC and/or BC Hydro electrical utility design and construction standards.
- Experience working in the electric utility or engineering environment, ideally with experience in design and cost estimating of electrical distribution projects.
- Understanding of computer programming or experience creating/working with macro-enabled Excel workbooks.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code.
- Experience with AutoCAD, PLS-CADD, AGi32 and MS Office.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and a number of career and professional development opportunities.
Salary Range: $60,000 to $80,000 per annum.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please fill in the form below:
Apply for this position
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
Share this job
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
GOOD PEOPLE committed to progress
Primary is committed to growing the careers of our people. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to determine their career path and fulfill their ambitions. Our people are genuine, honest, accountable and full of entrepreneurial spirit.
We work hard, see the big picture, are always ready and willing to adapt, and always strive to be better than we were yesterday. We take pride and ownership in everything we do, and most of all, we do it as a team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our people, our clients, and our communities is our top priority in any work we do and is never comprised. Safety is one of the core values that every member of our team understands and lives by, and we ensure this through communication, education and participation. Our safety goal has always been zero incidents, and we work together through every project to achieve that goal.
Safety is ingrained in every project and each task our employees and contractors complete, whether in the office or onsite. Primary has developed effective workplace health and safety management programs designed to reduce and eliminate the number of work-related injuries, leading to a safety track record well above industry average. We are also diligent in selecting the companies we work with, choosing only those with a safety standard as high as our own.