Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Location: Rocky View, AB
Reports to: Procurement Specialist
Job Posting#: 06-2023
Application Deadline: December 31, 2022
Reporting to the Procurement Specialist, the Purchasing Agent will be responsible for purchasing specialized materials for utility scale electrical construction projects.
- Receive requisitions and review for accuracy
- Verify and reserve current inventory, obtain quotations and create purchase orders for non-inventory items and issue to suppliers
- Electronic filing of purchase orders, order confirmations and packing slips
- Populate and maintain purchasing databases and price lists
- Proactively follow up on orders, scheduling of supplier deliveries, resolving shortages, expediting, and communicating updates to the project team
- Monitor inventory levels, forecasting future consumption and prepare requisitions for inventory replenishment
- Reconcile physical with digital counts and complete inventory adjustments
- Assist with the selection of, and negotiation with preferred suppliers
- Assist with competitive bids, supplier evaluation and performance reviews
- Verify receipt of items, validate supplier invoicing and report any back ordered or missing products
- Make recommendations and assist the Procurement Specialist with deployment of new processes, tools and technologies
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Other duties as required from time to time
- Min. High School Diploma or equivalent
- Attention to detail and ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Strong analytical and communication skills, both written and verbal, in English
- Experience in purchasing, warehousing, inventory control and/or recording keeping
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- A service-driven team member, with a strong sense for safety
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Post secondary education in accounting or purchasing
- Prior work experience in electric utilities, accounting, purchasing and/or warehousing
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL or Accumatica ERP software
- Understanding of inventory software and warehouse procedures and processes
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, Company Matching RRSP, and several career and professional development opportunities.
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
Share this job
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
GOOD PEOPLE committed to progress
Primary is committed to growing the careers of our people. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to determine their career path and fulfill their ambitions. Our people are genuine, honest, accountable and full of entrepreneurial spirit.
We work hard, see the big picture, are always ready and willing to adapt, and always strive to be better than we were yesterday. We take pride and ownership in everything we do, and most of all, we do it as a team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our people, our clients, and our communities is our top priority in any work we do and is never comprised. Safety is one of the core values that every member of our team understands and lives by, and we ensure this through communication, education and participation. Our safety goal has always been zero incidents, and we work together through every project to achieve that goal.
Safety is ingrained in every project and each task our employees and contractors complete, whether in the office or onsite. Primary has developed effective workplace health and safety management programs designed to reduce and eliminate the number of work-related injuries, leading to a safety track record well above industry average. We are also diligent in selecting the companies we work with, choosing only those with a safety standard as high as our own.