Principal Telecommunications Engineer, Western Canada
Job Title: Principal Telecommunications Engineer, Western Canada
Location: Calgary, AB
Reports to: Manager, Telecoms Alberta
Job Posting#: 101-2022
Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
Reporting to the Manager, Telecoms Alberta, the Principal Engineer, Western Canada is responsible for reviewing, stamping and sealing underground and aerial drawings in Alberta.
- Planning telecom engineering strategies for organisation’s QA/QC program
- Managing telecom engineering departments R&D
- Assisting with development and implementation of telecom department goals and creating implementation plans
- Providing expert advice to other telecom engineers and designers
- Implementing process improvements
- Stamping/Sealing drawings in AB and BC
- Other work as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited university
- Applicants MUST have a P. Eng. Designation.
- Experience working in the telecom or related engineering environment, with extensive experience in design and cost estimating of telecom projects
- Experience working with Alberta and/or BC design and construction standards
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (marketing, drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget
- Demonstrated self-motivation and drive for improvement
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, SPIDAcalc, PLS-CADD, AGI32 and MS Office and distribution design software
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
Share this job
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
GOOD PEOPLE committed to progress
Primary is committed to growing the careers of our people. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to determine their career path and fulfill their ambitions. Our people are genuine, honest, accountable and full of entrepreneurial spirit.
We work hard, see the big picture, are always ready and willing to adapt, and always strive to be better than we were yesterday. We take pride and ownership in everything we do, and most of all, we do it as a team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our people, our clients, and our communities is our top priority in any work we do and is never comprised. Safety is one of the core values that every member of our team understands and lives by, and we ensure this through communication, education and participation. Our safety goal has always been zero incidents, and we work together through every project to achieve that goal.
Safety is ingrained in every project and each task our employees and contractors complete, whether in the office or onsite. Primary has developed effective workplace health and safety management programs designed to reduce and eliminate the number of work-related injuries, leading to a safety track record well above industry average. We are also diligent in selecting the companies we work with, choosing only those with a safety standard as high as our own.