We have an opening for a Junior Telecom Outside Plant (OSP) Drafter who will be responsible for producing high quality CAD design drawings for outside plant projects for major Canadian utility companies.
- Must be able to interpret redline mark-ups produced by Designers within minimal errors and revisions
- Deliver high quality CAD design drawings while maintaining efficiency
- Ability to strictly adhere to internal and client drafting standards
- Produce civil and cable drawings using AutoCAD and/or SpatialNET
- Minimize drafting errors through constant communication with the Designer
- Utilize all available tools to maintain high volume work output
- Escalate difficult issues as required to prevent delays in deliverables
- Ensure that all drawings produced adhere to client drafting standards and specifications
- Review own drawings for content and accuracy prior to issuing to the Designer.
- Keep up to date with advances in AutoCAD and SpatialNET updates
- Adhere to company’s approved processes and procedures
- Train new team members
- Monitor workload and develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability
- Other duties as required
- 1 or more years of utility industry experience would be preferred
- Candidates with an Engineering Design & Drafting Technology diploma, Electrical Engineering Technology diploma or Electronics Engineering Technology diploma from a recognized Canadian institute are preferred.
- Advanced user capabilities in AutoCAD (2D) is a must
- Must have a high attention to detail and review their own drawings for compliance with client standards
- Must be able to interpret electrical distribution, civil, deep utility, and grading CAD drawings
- Experience using SpatialNET and understanding of splicing in SpatialNET is an asset
- Basic knowledge of fibre, copper, coaxial & civil design is an asset
- Knowledge of major telecommunication design and drafting standards is an asset
- Knowledge of URD (Underground Residential Distribution) design standards and processes is an asset
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Flexible and professional approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to perform work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated, confident, energetic, and creative
- Ability to handle competing priorities and works well under pressure
- Ability to train, coach and share job knowledge with team members
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing.