ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION DESIGNER
Job Title: Electrical Distribution Designer | Location: Calgary, Alberta | Reports to: Manager, Calgary Design Job Posting#: 31-2021 | Application Deadline: March 31, 2021
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
We have an opening for an Electrical Distribution Designer. You will be responsible for providing overhead and underground electric utility design at our Calgary location.
YOUR DAILY WORK
- Design of underground and overhead electrical distribution infrastructure (4kV – 25kV system voltages)
- Electrical and mechanical engineering calculations for underground and overhead systems
- Interpret and apply working knowledge of applicable codes and utility standards.
- Design coordination with customers, municipal authorities, other utilities & various project stakeholders
- Produce project estimates, quotation letters, construction scope descriptions and material take-offs.
- Preparation and submission of project approvals and design packages
- Project schedule management and tracking
- Customer meetings and site inspections in the Calgary area
- Accountability and management of concurrent project budgets and schedules for successful delivery “on-time” and “on-budget” while maintaining a high degree of quality.
- Being part of a great team and shaping the future of the industry
- Other duties as required.
YOU MUST HAVE
- An Electrical Engineering Diploma or Degree from a recognized college, technical institution, or university
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships.
- Working knowledge of ENMAX and Fortis Alberta design and construction standards
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities with schedule and budget constraints.
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget.
- A passion for your work and a drive for excellence
- Commitment to safety and ethical practices
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed
- Experience working in the electric utility or related engineering environment, with experience in design and cost estimating of electrical distribution projects.
- Experience with AutoCAD, MicroStation, MS Office and Geographic Information System software
- Experience with PLS-CADD, AGI32, and Pull Planner
- Project Management experience
Primary offers a rewarding compensation package including competitive salaries, bonuses, company matching RRSP, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, Flexible work schedules, paid vacation, flex days, and a number of career and professional development opportunities. If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.