- Design-build delivery of a 25 kV distribution system to support 15 MVA of forecasted load across 1000 acres of commercial land development
- 5.5 km of overhead double-circuit 25 kV feeder
- Over 9 km of underground 25 kV feeder installed in a joint-use four-party trench
- Traffic signal planning, design coordination, and construction management for 13 Arterial-Collector and Collector-Collector intersections
- Design-build delivery of a roadway lighting system to IES specification comprised of over 300 lights
Primary was contracted by both Ivanhoe Cambridge and FortisAlberta to complete electrical concept planning and detailed electrical distribution design for a major commercial subdivision north of Calgary, including a 1.2 million square foot mall, multiple CRU blocks and anchor tenant buildings, and a medium scale horse racing track and casino.
Primary initiated preliminary design in early 2006 and had the first stage of the 25kV distribution system commissioned and energized in 2008 well in time for the grand opening of the mall’s first major anchor tenant, Bass Pro Shops.
Primary worked very closely with all project stakeholders to optimize both cost and delivery timelines. We utilized full turn-key project delivery and four-party shallow utility installation to help expedite customer energization.
Contact us to get your project started today!