Job Title: Telecommunications Designer
Location: Victoria, BC
Reports to: Manager, Telecoms BC
Job Posting#: 86-2022
Application Deadline: September 18, 2022
We have an opening for a Telecommunications Designer. You will be responsible for providing overhead and underground telecommunications utility design at our Victoria location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review Telecommunication designs.
- Interpret and apply Telecommunication standards while preparing high quality designs and drawings.
- Create design details in software such as AutoCAD, SpatialNET, Microstation and Bluebeam
- Accountability and management of concurrent project budgets and schedules for successful delivery “on-time” and “on-budget” while maintaining a high degree of quality.
- Participate in meetings with key-stakeholders to ensure success outcomes on a project by project, job by job basis.
- Design coordination with clients, municipal authorities, utilities & various project stakeholders
- Preparation and submission of design packages
- Preparation and submission of project approvals, including customer, municipal permits, crossing or proximity agreements and joint use approvals.
- Proactively consult and develop solutions for clients to suit their business needs.
- Clearly communicate with clients and project stakeholders to identify project risks and expectations.
- Attend site meetings, site visits and field inspections.
- Review as built and record drawings to ensure compliance with original design
- Analyze and produce financial variance reports upon completion.
- Peer mentoring and training with other design team members
- Other duties as required.
- At least one year of experience with telecommunication design
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner.
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (marketing, drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget.
- A passion for your work and a drive for excellence
- Engineering Technology Diploma or Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized college or university would be an asset.
- Class 5 full driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Experience working in the telecom or related engineering environment, particularly in design and cost estimating of telecom projects.
- Experience with survey equipment and field data collection.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please fill in the form below:
Apply for this position
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
Share this job
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
GOOD PEOPLE committed to progress
Primary is committed to growing the careers of our people. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to determine their career path and fulfill their ambitions. Our people are genuine, honest, accountable and full of entrepreneurial spirit.
We work hard, see the big picture, are always ready and willing to adapt, and always strive to be better than we were yesterday. We take pride and ownership in everything we do, and most of all, we do it as a team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our people, our clients, and our communities is our top priority in any work we do and is never comprised. Safety is one of the core values that every member of our team understands and lives by, and we ensure this through communication, education and participation. Our safety goal has always been zero incidents, and we work together through every project to achieve that goal.
Safety is ingrained in every project and each task our employees and contractors complete, whether in the office or onsite. Primary has developed effective workplace health and safety management programs designed to reduce and eliminate the number of work-related injuries, leading to a safety track record well above industry average. We are also diligent in selecting the companies we work with, choosing only those with a safety standard as high as our own.