Electrical Distribution Designer
Job Title: Electrical Distribution Designer
Location: Edmonton, AB
Reports to: Manager, Edmonton Operations
Job Posting#: 52-2022
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Reporting to the Manager, Edmonton Operations, the Electrical Distribution Designer is responsible to provide timely and efficient execution of technical designs for client projects.
- Collect and review pertinent background information to inform design.
- Create alignment plans, survey plans, easement plans and other preliminary deliverables for review.
- Compile specifications and issue requests for third party services including survey, geotechnical review, grounding studies, brushing requests, constructability reviews, environmental assessments, and easement applications.
- Perform detailed overhead line design calculations and modelling of various structures.
- Perform detailed underground distribution design calculations and modelling.
- Draft, or oversee drafting, of required construction prints per customer requirements.
- Provide exceptional customer service in the form of prompt responses, courteous discourse, honest interaction, and proactive communication.
- Coordinate designs with customers, landowners, approving bodies, and other stakeholders.
- Compile and submit permitting and approvals packages.
- Aid the Design Lead and/or Project Manager in establishing firm timelines and budgets.
- Review the designs, drawings, and calculations of junior staff.
- Mentor junior technical staff in technical and non-technical skills.
- Other work as required.
- Applicants MUST present with a valid CET, EIT, PL Eng. Or P. Eng. Designation.
- Valid full Class 5 driver’s license and clean abstract.
- Permit to work in Canada.
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Applicants should demonstrate a high degree of attention to detail and a strong propensity for organization.
- Applicants should be confident in learning a variety of online tools and software.
- Firm understanding of Microsoft office tools (Word/Outlook/Excel) is REQUIRED.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are REQUIRED.
- Applicants MUST demonstrate ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and work well under pressure.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing.
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please fill in the form below:
Apply for this position
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
Share this job
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
GOOD PEOPLE committed to progress
Primary is committed to growing the careers of our people. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to determine their career path and fulfill their ambitions. Our people are genuine, honest, accountable and full of entrepreneurial spirit.
We work hard, see the big picture, are always ready and willing to adapt, and always strive to be better than we were yesterday. We take pride and ownership in everything we do, and most of all, we do it as a team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our people, our clients, and our communities is our top priority in any work we do and is never comprised. Safety is one of the core values that every member of our team understands and lives by, and we ensure this through communication, education and participation. Our safety goal has always been zero incidents, and we work together through every project to achieve that goal.
Safety is ingrained in every project and each task our employees and contractors complete, whether in the office or onsite. Primary has developed effective workplace health and safety management programs designed to reduce and eliminate the number of work-related injuries, leading to a safety track record well above industry average. We are also diligent in selecting the companies we work with, choosing only those with a safety standard as high as our own.