Job Title: Telecommunications Drafter
Location: Victoria, BC
Reports to: Manager, Telecoms BC
Job Posting#: 94-2022
Application Deadline: September 25, 2022
Reporting to the Program Manager, Telecoms BC, the Telecommunications Drafter will be responsible for providing overhead and underground electrical infrastructure drafting at our Victoria location.
- Produce electrical and civil design drawings in AutoCAD, Map3D, and Civil 3D under the guidance of a Senior Electrical Engineer and/or Senior Drafting Manager
- Understand and apply electrical and civil standards while drafting designs and other work
- Ensure the accuracy and availability of filed drawings through proper filing (electronic and paper)
- Enter power distribution designs into AutoCAD and/or GIS mapping systems using accurate drafting and electrical standards
- Create and develop project construction packages
- Prepare documentation, instructions, and track status for projects
- Obtain stakeholder approval from utilities and Municipalities
- Communicate with customers, stakeholders, and project team members
- Other duties as required
- Engineering Technology Diploma or Computer Aided Drafting Engineering Technology Certificate or Diploma from a recognized college preferred
- Must have telecom underground experience
- Experience in an electrical utility environment is preferred
- Experience in ArcFM mapping software, OID, SharePoint and SAP are preferred
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCAD, Microstation (optional), MS Office and related products
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (Engineering, Construction, and other subcontractors) to ensure drawings are spatially accurate, standards compliant, and reliable
- Work Independently or as a team member
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to autonomously manage workload to control multiple tasks with a very high degree of accuracy, while meeting project deadlines
- Strong English language skills (verbal and written), ability to develop strong business relationships and act in a professional manner
- A passion for your work and a drive for excellence
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing.
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
Share this job
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
GOOD PEOPLE committed to progress
Primary is committed to growing the careers of our people. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to determine their career path and fulfill their ambitions. Our people are genuine, honest, accountable and full of entrepreneurial spirit.
We work hard, see the big picture, are always ready and willing to adapt, and always strive to be better than we were yesterday. We take pride and ownership in everything we do, and most of all, we do it as a team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our people, our clients, and our communities is our top priority in any work we do and is never comprised. Safety is one of the core values that every member of our team understands and lives by, and we ensure this through communication, education and participation. Our safety goal has always been zero incidents, and we work together through every project to achieve that goal.
Safety is ingrained in every project and each task our employees and contractors complete, whether in the office or onsite. Primary has developed effective workplace health and safety management programs designed to reduce and eliminate the number of work-related injuries, leading to a safety track record well above industry average. We are also diligent in selecting the companies we work with, choosing only those with a safety standard as high as our own.