Junior Distribution Engineer / Technologist
Job Title: Junior Distribution Engineer / Technologist
Location: Kelowna, BC
Reports to: Manager, BC Interior Operations
Job Posting#: 107-2022
Application Deadline: November 1, 2022
We currently have an opening for a Junior Distribution Engineer or Technologist in our desirable Kelowna, BC office.
- Design and drafting of:
- Underground and overhead electrical distribution infrastructure (4kV – 25kV system voltages)
- Street lighting systems
- PLS-CADD modeling
- Research and standards development
- Project schedule management and tracking
- Design coordination with customers, municipal authorities, other utilities & various project stakeholders
- Electrical and mechanical engineering calculations for underground and overhead systems
- Material take-offs from design and project estimating
- AutoCAD drafting
- Weekly customer meetings and site inspections in Summerland
- Other duties as required by senior engineering staff, including contract administration
- Bachelor of Engineering or Technologist Diploma from a recognized college or technical institution (Civil or Electrical preferred)
- Eligibility or registration with Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC) or Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of British Columbia (ASTTBC)
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (marketing, drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget
- Demonstrated self-motivation and drive for improvement
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Familiarization with FortisBC and BC Hydro design and construction standards
- Experience working in the electric utility or related engineering environment, ideally with experience in design and cost estimating of electrical distribution projects
- Firm understanding of computer programming
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Experience with AutoCAD, PLS-CADD, AGI32 and MS Office
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
Share this job
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
GOOD PEOPLE committed to progress
Primary is committed to growing the careers of our people. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to determine their career path and fulfill their ambitions. Our people are genuine, honest, accountable and full of entrepreneurial spirit.
We work hard, see the big picture, are always ready and willing to adapt, and always strive to be better than we were yesterday. We take pride and ownership in everything we do, and most of all, we do it as a team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our people, our clients, and our communities is our top priority in any work we do and is never comprised. Safety is one of the core values that every member of our team understands and lives by, and we ensure this through communication, education and participation. Our safety goal has always been zero incidents, and we work together through every project to achieve that goal.
Safety is ingrained in every project and each task our employees and contractors complete, whether in the office or onsite. Primary has developed effective workplace health and safety management programs designed to reduce and eliminate the number of work-related injuries, leading to a safety track record well above industry average. We are also diligent in selecting the companies we work with, choosing only those with a safety standard as high as our own.