Job Title: Equipment Operator
Location: Rocky View, AB
Reports to: Manager, Construction
Job Posting#: 82-2022
We are looking for an experienced Equipment Operator, our production pacesetter in the field. A skilled leader who looks after the equipment they operate, who works safe and is production oriented. Knowledge of applicable legislation and a clean driving record make you the ideal candidate.
- Perform pre-trip inspections on assigned equipment daily.
- Responsible for keeping equipment in optimum operating condition by coordinating maintenance and repair with on-staff fleet mechanic.
- Ensure safe and steady production of the work.
- Excavate utility trenches, sand pad, and backfill.
- Switch attachments on equipment in a safe manner and ensure all attachments are accounted for with machine.
- Compact with hoe-pack and/or rapid ram on trench lines and concrete pad installations.
- Handle aggregate with loader.
- Be able to slope and bank trench lines according to OH&S safe trenching.
- Handle mechanical loading/unloading of electrical materials as required.
- Clean and lubricate equipment.
- Assist in field laborer as required.
- Demonstrate technical ability and application of appropriate processes and procedures.
- Assist and participate in safety meetings and assist with incident reporting and investigations as required.
- Other duties as required.
- Mechanical aptitude and familiarity of excavation equipment.
- Good hand-eye coordination and dexterity in operating controls.
- Understand grading markers and line assignments for work planning.
- Understanding of locate markers and locate slip reading.
- Knowledge of civil construction, blueprint reading and following of specification guidelines.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Promotion of safe work practices.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written.
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Previous experience is an asset.
- Valid Driver’s License and Driver’s abstract in good standing.
- Minimum 2000 hours experience in similar or same equipment.
This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to Primary’s Alcohol and Drug Policy which includes pre-employment testing.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, and several career and professional development opportunities.
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
**Please note, you must be legally able to work in Canada**
Share this job
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
GOOD PEOPLE committed to progress
Primary is committed to growing the careers of our people. We believe everyone should have the opportunity to determine their career path and fulfill their ambitions. Our people are genuine, honest, accountable and full of entrepreneurial spirit.
We work hard, see the big picture, are always ready and willing to adapt, and always strive to be better than we were yesterday. We take pride and ownership in everything we do, and most of all, we do it as a team.
HEALTH & SAFETY
The safety and well-being of our people, our clients, and our communities is our top priority in any work we do and is never comprised. Safety is one of the core values that every member of our team understands and lives by, and we ensure this through communication, education and participation. Our safety goal has always been zero incidents, and we work together through every project to achieve that goal.
Safety is ingrained in every project and each task our employees and contractors complete, whether in the office or onsite. Primary has developed effective workplace health and safety management programs designed to reduce and eliminate the number of work-related injuries, leading to a safety track record well above industry average. We are also diligent in selecting the companies we work with, choosing only those with a safety standard as high as our own.