Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Assistant will be responsible for unloading, storing, packing, shipping, and receiving materials for utility scale electrical construction projects.
- Receive material pick lists and order confirmations
- Pick material from inventory, compile with received orders and stage for delivery to construction worksites
- Safely loading of trucks and coordination of delivery to worksites
- Verification of items loaded and report discrepancies or damaged material to the Warehouse Supervisor
- Routine checks and operation of typical warehouse equipment such as forklifts and pallet jacks
- Driving and occasional pick-up of material from local suppliers
- Unload trucks, pack/unpacking deliveries, count, sort, organize and store inventory in the proper location
- Receive excess material, count, re-stock and process return in inventory software
- Maintenance and updating of inventory records, such as quantity and location, in inventory software
- Daily house keeping and other duties as directed by the Warehouse Supervisor
- Min. High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (Non GDL)
- Attention to detail and ability to interpret electrical part descriptions
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Computer literate and familiarity with inventory software
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, climb and to lift up to 50lbs
- A reliable service-driven team member with a strong sense for safety
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Forklift Driving License
- Experience in electric utilities, purchasing, warehousing, inventory control and/or and/or warehousing
- Familiarity with inventory software, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of technology and machinery used for transporting or storing materials.
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, Company Matching RRSP, and several career and professional development opportunities.