We have an opening for a Telecommunications Designer. You will be responsible for providing overhead and underground telecommunications utility design at our Calgary location.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review assigned projects and confirm scope of work is correctly defined
- Prepare and/or review Telecoms civil and or aerial structure designs to TELUS Standards
- Prepare and/or review Telecoms copper cabling and fiber optic designs to TELUS Standards
- Interpret and apply design related standards while preparing high quality designs and drawings
- Create design details in software such as AutoCAD.
- In depth knowledge and familiarity with SpatialNET is essential.
- Run meetings with key-stakeholders to ensure success outcomes on a project by project, job by job basis
- Design coordination with clients, municipal authorities, utilities & various project stakeholders
- Preparation and submission of design packages to TELUS Standards
- Preparation and submission of project approvals, including customer, municipal permits, crossing or proximity agreements and joint use approvals
- Proactively consult and develop solutions for clients to suit their business needs
- Clearly communicate with clients and project stakeholders to identify project risks and expectations
- Attend site meetings, site visits and field inspections where required
- Review as built and record drawings to ensure compliance with original design
- Peer mentoring and training with other design team members
- Follow company standards and procedures related to Health & Safety while performing assigned job duties
- Other duties as required
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.