Reporting to the Manager, Telecoms Alberta, the Principal Engineer, Western Canada is responsible for reviewing, stamping and sealing underground and aerial drawings in Alberta.
- Planning telecom engineering strategies for organisation’s QA/QC program
- Managing telecom engineering departments R&D
- Assisting with development and implementation of telecom department goals and creating implementation plans
- Providing expert advice to other telecom engineers and designers
- Implementing process improvements
- Stamping/Sealing drawings in AB and BC
- Other work as required.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from accredited university
- Applicants MUST have a P. Eng. Designation.
- Experience working in the telecom or related engineering environment, with extensive experience in design and cost estimating of telecom projects
- Experience working with Alberta and/or BC design and construction standards
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to develop business relationships conducted in a professional manner
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (marketing, drafting, construction, survey, and civil) to ensure projects are accurate, compliant, on-time and on-budget
- Demonstrated self-motivation and drive for improvement
- Class 5 driver’s license
A few qualifications that would help you succeed:
- Experience with AutoCAD, Microstation, SPIDAcalc, PLS-CADD, AGI32 and MS Office and distribution design software
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, Health Care Spending Account, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and several career and professional development opportunities.
This position may require the successful candidate to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. It may also require the successful candidate to undergo regular COVID-19 testing