January 15, 2019
Primary Engineering and Construction Corporation (Primary) is a growth-oriented industry leader providing professional electrical engineering and construction services and specializing in emerging marketplaces in Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
We offer design and design/build services for all types of electric utility distribution infrastructure to a wide variety of clients including electric utility companies, developers, builders, commercial and industrial businesses, oil companies, government, and private contractors. Our devotion to excellence has attracted some of the best young professional minds to our company.
We have an opening for an experienced Drafter, in our Kelowna office. You will be responsible for providing overhead and underground electrical infrastructure drafting.
Your daily work may include:
- Produce electrical and civil design drawings in AutoCAD, Map3D, and Civil 3D under the guidance of a Senior Electrical Engineer and/or Senior Drafting Manager
- Understand and apply electrical and civil standards while drafting designs and other work
- Assist in the development of strategies for the purpose of auditing and quality management of “as-built” project records
- Ensure the accuracy and availability of filed drawings through proper filing (electronic and paper)
- Enter power distribution designs into AutoCAD and/or GIS mapping systems using accurate drafting and electrical standards
- Review and entry of data in the Distribution Analysis and Design program (proprietary BC Hydro GIS)
- Create and develop project construction packages
- Prepare documentation, instructions, and track status for projects
- Obtain stakeholder approval from utilities and Municipalities
- Communicate with customers, stakeholders and project team members
- Other duties as required
You must have:
- Engineering Technology Diploma or Computer Aided Drafting Engineering Technology Certificate or Diploma from a recognized college preferred
- Strong collaborative skills and willingness to liaise with other disciplines (Engineering, Construction, and other subcontractors) to ensure drawings are spatially accurate, standards compliant, and reliable
- Work Independently or as a team member
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to autonomously manage workload to control multiple tasks with a very high degree of accuracy, while meeting project deadlines
- Excellent computer skills including AutoCad, Microstation (optional), MS Office and related products
- Strong English language skills (verbal and written), ability to develop strong business relationships and act in a professional manner
- A passion for your work and a drive for excellence
- Experience in an electrical utility environment is preferred
- Experience in ArcFM mapping software, OID, Sharepoint and SAP are preferred
- Class 5 driver’s license
Primary offers a highly competitive compensation package including, competitive salaries, bonuses, Health & Dental benefits, flexible work schedules, paid vacation, Company Matching RRSP, flex days, and a number of career and professional development opportunities
If you are ready for a new challenge and want to make a difference in the industry, please send your resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
**Please Note, you must be a Canadian Citizen or have a valid work permit**
We thank all candidates for their application however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*Please see www.primaryeng.com for this and other positions we are recruiting.